I don't agree with mycaranaway's post of this week. He says "Probably didn't do too well, the practice questions made me underestimate the range of questions that they could give us causing me to just study simple proofs." I think it's a bad way to study for tests like this. It doesn't mean that if practice questions are easy the test will be easy. If practice questions are easy, study from the harder questions. Solve questions from other books. This is the best way of studying I think.
Friday, 7 November 2014
CSC165H1F - 9th week
In this week, we mostly did examples about proving the big o for the worst case. We can write it in a logical notation as : ∃c
ℝ+ , ∃B
N, ∀n
N, n>=B => f(n) <= c times n squared. Danny told us that when they want you to prove something, you should first write the structure of the proof. Writing the structure is very important because it will reduce the thinking. The term test was not that easy. I hope I will get a good grade. The first question was the easiest question in the exam and the second question was the hardest. In the first question they gave us an implication where in antecedent they would give a value of m and n, and in the consequent they would want us to add them and prove the implication. The third question was a similar question from Assignment 2. Instead of writing +1 , they wrote +z on the test. I mostly thought about the second question in the exam I wrote something but I'm not sure if it is right. Also with the examples we did today I understood the logic of proving the big o of the polynomial equation. I'm going to review what we did this week to learn it.
I don't agree with mycaranaway's post of this week. He says "Probably didn't do too well, the practice questions made me underestimate the range of questions that they could give us causing me to just study simple proofs." I think it's a bad way to study for tests like this. It doesn't mean that if practice questions are easy the test will be easy. If practice questions are easy, study from the harder questions. Solve questions from other books. This is the best way of studying I think.
I don't agree with mycaranaway's post of this week. He says "Probably didn't do too well, the practice questions made me underestimate the range of questions that they could give us causing me to just study simple proofs." I think it's a bad way to study for tests like this. It doesn't mean that if practice questions are easy the test will be easy. If practice questions are easy, study from the harder questions. Solve questions from other books. This is the best way of studying I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment