Friday, 21 November 2014
CSC165H1F - 11th week
This week was actually a short week because we didn't have tutorials and Monday, Tuesday was holiday and there weren't any classes. In the lectures we did on Wednesday and Friday, we mostly talked about interesting things. Firstly we talked about halting problems. I learned that all of the functions don't always halt(give output). Danny wrote a function which determines given two functions that it will halt or not and showed to us. It does work correctly most of the time but sometimes it returns the wrong output. On Friday we talked about computability and countability. I learned the terms "extends" and "reduces to". I was really surprised when heard about that the size of the set of the natural numbers and rational numbers are the same. It didn't make any sense to me, but since I'm in this course there should've been a logical explanation for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment