Friday, 14 November 2014

CSC165H1F - 10th week

I learned a lot about the big-o in my tutorials and I think I did well on my quiz. On the tutorial we worked on proving Big-O for the polynomials. I thought proving these were hard before coming to tutorial but thanks to my TA I understood that they're easy, you just have to think about it. Also I learned disproving the Big-O for the polynomials and most of the disproofs are similar to each other, thats why its easy to learn them. In the first lecture of the week, we learned about using L'hopital's rule to prove 2^^n is not in the Big-O of n^^2. L'hopital's rule is saying that if the limit of the numerator and denominator is both going to infinity or 0 you can solve it by taking the derivative of the both numerator and denominator. In other lectures we proved ∀f,g,h ∈ F, (f∈O(g) and g∈O(h)) -> f∈O(h). At first I got complicated and didn't know how to solve it when I first saw it, but as we started doing similar proofs to this implication I got the idea. Finally, I was expecting higher on my Term Test#2. I got 2 points lower than my expectation but I'm still above the average so I'm happy about my result.

@HermanKeiley: I agree with you, I also prefer the use of examples over theoretical teaching practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment