We first started learning about Cantor's example. Even though it was hard to understand I understood his argument after reading 3-4 times. It did make sense to me and when you think about it it's actually a true argument. To summarize, the argument means the set of real numbers has more elements than the elements of set of the natural numbers. I also think it is true because between 0 and 1 there are infinite real numbers but there are only two natural numbers that are 0 and 1. Then we continue talking about countability. We learned that number of functions in python is equal to the elements of natural numbers because every letter we write in python has a value in the set of natural numbers. The 'ord' function finds the value of the string. Then we talked about diagonalization. It means that there are more of behaviours than python functions. Behaviours means that if a function halts(gives output) or not. We also talked about simple induction even though it won't appear on the final exam. I really liked the topic. We proved some arguments with induction and it wasn't that hard. We proved P(n) : 3**n >= n**3 by induction and it was fun. On Friday, we did some problem solving exercises it was tough. We tried solving it with the person sitting next to me even though we couldn't't solve it. While solving first we understood the problem. The input was 2 natural numbers and the output would be a natural number. Then our plan was to try it with small numbers, while the difference of row and columns was 1. As long as we started to carry out the plan the class ended. That's why we didn't finish it. I also got really happy when I learned I got 100 on A2. I hope I'll get that grade on A3 and the final exam!
@Hoyoung Lee: I agree with you. I hope I will be like them, getting good marks acing the course. I also think this course is kind of hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment