Friday, 3 October 2014

CSC165H1F - 4th week

In the 4th week, we did chapters 2 and 3. I knew transitivity from high school, but I learned that if you switch the order of different quantifiers the sentence becomes so different than it was before. I think it was the most important thing I learned in this week even though it was simple. Also, I learned how to write a limit notation in terms of symbols and graphs. I also knew double quantifiers from high school because of that it was easy to me. The most complicated topic which we studied this week was the introduction to proofs. Although it seems simple while reading someone else's proofs, when you start to write a proof it comes harder than it looks. We even did an example proving if n is odd, n squared must be odd. Even everyone knows that it is true, we really had a hard time writing the proof of it. You have to think of every step while writing a proof. Tutorial section was really helpful to me, I learned new things and I hope I will get a good mark on the tutorial quiz and next week's exam. In the tutorial section we learned how to prove two logical statements are equivalent to each other. To do that we have to start from one part and go to the other part. A1 was very difficult to solve. As a conclusion, this week was a beneficial week for me. I hope I will get a good mark on the next weeks exam.

As my friend Kayman wrote in his slog, I also feel like I learned a lot from A1. It is like a practice for this course. You have to do a lot of practice and solve practice questions to learn this course I guess because it's like an applied science course.

No comments:

Post a Comment