Saturday, 18 October 2014

CSC165H1F - 6th week

We only had 2 hours of lecture in the 6th week because it was thanksgiving and the university was closed on Monday. Also we didn't do any tutorials this week! In the 2 hours we worked on proving some of the implication and we learned how to disprove some implication. If we want to disprove something we take the negation of it and prove the negation of it.  The structure of the proof is more than the content. For example even you leave some blank lines and you feel like you can't solve the proof , the TA's will likely to give you points. I think proofs are difficult because you have to think a lot and you need to have a great mathematical knowledge. In the exam also there will be a time pressure. I'm working on to understand the contents of proofs. I should understand to prove things because in the other half of the course we will be doing proofs about everything.

I disagree with A.M. In this weeks slog she wrote that the hardest thing about limits is devising a plan  to find the values. I don't think it is that hard. It's all about calculus stuff. I think the hardest thing about limits is memorizing the equation with logical symbols. I'm saying that because I'm really bad at memorizing stuff both in real life and school life!

No comments:

Post a Comment