In this week, we mostly did works on proofs of some implications. For example we proved if n squared is an odd number then n should be an odd number. It was actually fun doing the proofs but you have to have a strong mathematical ability and background to prove something. The course is actually about mathematics by the way. In the tutorial session, we tried to do an abstract structure for the proofs. Even though I didn't understand what to do when I first saw the question my partner helped me how to do it. I understood that it is not that hard to write a proof structure. Just, you have to know the basic terminology such as "assume, generic integer, then etc." and the steps of writing a proof. The term test # 1 was actually an easy test but I messed up in the first question because of stress. I'm feeling regretful right now because of it because it was a simple mistake and I realized my mistake after 10 minutes of giving my test paper. I hope I will do better on the term test # 2 and final exam. On Friday in the lecture we continued doing some proofs but with the different quantifiers in one question. Also we learned something new called "proving by contradiction". I didn't understand what it does because it was really hard to understand. Even though, we haven't solved a question about it I want to learn it by solving a question. That's how I learn in applied courses.
As I read my friends SLOGs, I saw that Term Test #1 was easy for everyone not only for me. That's bad for me because my mark could be below average. As I said before I did wrong a simple question that I could've get full marks.
No comments:
Post a Comment