Friday, 26 September 2014

Review about the third week

In the third week, we did mostly "logic" except the last lecture time. I know some of the subjects from the high school. For example I knew "disjunctions and conjunctions", "De Morgan's Law" and drawing a truth table, but I realized I forgot some of the parts. This course helped me to fill the blanks in my mind. Danny told us that negating some statement is the most important thing in this class. I really enjoyed these topic because I really love math and these topics were related to math. I found negating the statements challenging because you have to practice with some questions to fully understand it. I figured it out while trying to do Assignment 1. Solving the questions in Assignment 1 was also challenging to me because I get confused with symbols and statements. Also I learned tautology and contradiction and some of the properties used in logic. If an implication is always true it's called a tautology and the opposite of it called contradiction. I am mostly confident about the material covered this week. I learned a lot of things in the tutorial session but I still don't know the result of my tutorial #1 quiz. When I looked at the tutorial exercise before going to tutorial I could only do %40 of the questions and with the help of the TA before the quiz I understood the every question asked. I realized they are not hard. I hope I will get a good grade on quiz #2.

I agree with my friend Shreyansh and I want to quote a sentence from his slog: "In order to illustrate implications and symbolic statements, we were introduced to truth tables which really allowed me to gain a better understanding of implications, conjunctions and disjunctions." It was hard to understand implications, conjunctions and disjunctions I think. When you make a truth table you assign the value '1' as true and '0' as false and its easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment